Benefits Enquiry Line - For people with Disabilities
The Benefit Enquiry Line (BEL) is a benefits help line for people with disabilities, carers and representatives. BEL is part of the Department for Work and Pensions. We offer confidential advice and information on all benefits and how to claim them. In addition to giving advice we are also able to send out an extensive range of leaflets and claim packs to customers. As a national service we serve the whole of England, Scotland and Wales.
Advisers have no access to customer's personal records and so are able to provide general advice only. Although advisers are trained in most benefits, the most common benefits we provide advice on are those relating to sickness and disability.
Who to contact
- 0800 88 22 00 0800 88 22 00
- Scan to visit this website
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 6.30pm, Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Cost Details
- There is no charge, however some mobile phone users may incur a cost by their operator
- Who is this service for?
- For anybody of any age with queries relating to sickness or disability benefits and other benefit related issues.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Additional Languages
- Only English is available on this number but an interpreter can be arranged for any language necessary. Also, Braille/large print and some leaflets on audiocassettes are available.