Buzzin’ is supported by Team London and Thrive LDN, and is open to young people in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets.
The young people will work with our resident beekeeper and other staff to develop their confidence, skills and experience of enterprise while learning how to keep bees in an urban environment and enjoying the diverse and lush green space the garden has to offer.
They will have the opportunity to learn the basics of beekeeping, identifying and creating habitats for all pollinators and craft activities associated with honey and beeswax. They will benefit from increased confidence and public speaking skills by leading school groups on bee tours of the garden, and further expand their employability by visiting our City of London partner businesses.
The project is aimed at the following GLA target groups:
- Looked after children (or at risk of being)
- Young carers
- Young people in the youth justice system (or at risk of being)
- Young homeless people (or at risk of being)
- Refugee and asylum seeking young people
- Young people with learning disabilities
- NEETs (not in employment, education or training)
- Vulnerable young people (or at risk of being)