Christ Church Playgroup
We are a caring friendly playgroup; the children play in a happy and safe environment. You can read the most recent Ofsted report by using the link at the end of the page.
Christ Church Playgroup is recognised as an Islington Healthy Early Years setting and has received the Healthy Early Years London Gold Award.
Islington Healthy Early Years works with settings to ensure a good level of support for the health and wellbeing of children under five and their families. Healthy Early Years London (HEYL) is an awards scheme funded by the Mayor of London which recognises Early Years settings’ achievements in child health, wellbeing and development. More information about the London award is available here.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Elsa Smirthwaite, Playgroup Manager
- 020 7354 3117 020 7354 3117
- Scan to visit this website
Angel Room Christ Church
155 Highbury Grove
- N5 1SA
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday 9.15am to 1.10pm, term-time only
- Age Ranges
- 2 to 4 years
- Cost Details
- Charges range from: under 3 years £92; under 3 on benefits £27; term after 3rd birthday £43, term after 3rd birthday on benefits £9; includes snack and lunch.
- Who is this service for?
- For children aged 24 months to 4 years
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
- Additional Languages
- English, French
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (15 hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (30 hours)
- How will you support my child?
Our setting welcomes children with SEND and we are committed to working with parents and other professionals to provide good inclusive practice. Our Islington link Area SENCO provides us with support, advice and training re children with SEND.
We have a new SENCO, who attends local SENCO Forum training events. All the staff have access to regular training organised by the local authority. We have experience of working on speech development and work with outside agencies for example, Speech and Language Support. We have very good links with our health visitors, who take part in integrated reviews at our setting.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection Outcome Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 06/07/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report