The Parks Team is part of the Public Realm Division of Islington Council and looks after parks and open spaces. It carries out a number of roles:
- the day to day operational management of our parks, green spaces and nature reserves
- putting on and facilitating events and activities and supporting community involvement and engagement in the management of parks
- managing the Park Patrol Service to ensure our parks are safe and welcoming
- the management and maintenance of parks infrastructure such as playgrounds, sports facilities, bins, benches, railings etc.
- the grounds maintenance ofparks and estates
- the re-design and redevelopment of parks through the parks capital improvement programme
- management of the boroughs allotments and promotion of community food growing projects