Microsoft have joined forces with Catch22 to help support people facing barriers to work embark on digital apprenticeships.
Four-week pre-apprenticeship training programme to support young people from underserved communities supports them to access a digital apprenticeship with a local employer within Microsoft’s network of customers and partners.
Digital Edge aims to understand what can help broaden the opportunity of an apprenticeship to those who currently face barriers to access the programme and also what support employers looking to diversify their workforce might need. These learnings will then inform how providers recruit young people across the country.
By the end of the four-week Digital Edge programme, participants should have:
- An understanding of digital apprenticeships
- Insight into the digital and technology sector
- Awareness of key employability skills
- Knowledge of how to complete an effective CV, cover letter and job application
- Developed their interview skills and techniques
- The ability to set future career goals