The Co-operative Childcare, Islington
At The Co-operative Childcare we never underestimate how difficult a decision it is to leave your child in the care of others and our aim is to ensure that you have all the information you need to make this very important decision.
At The Co-operative Childcare we believe that every child deserves to have access to the best quality of care and education possible. As a result we provide all inclusive childcare meaning the costs of care includes nappies, wipes, sudo creams. We also provide warm freshly cooked meals, cow and soya milk.
The Co-operative Childcare, Islington, provides full day care and can also offer part-time places.
Please feel free to view our website in the link provided below for more information on the setting, and our most recent Ofsted report.
Who to contact
- 020 7251 3475 020 7251 3475
- Scan to visit this website
10, Galway Street
- EC1V 3SW
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Our opening hours are 7:30am-6:30pm. We are open all year round excluding weekends and Bank Holidays. Part-time sessions also available: Am, 7:30am to 1pm; Pm, 1-6:30pm.
- Age Ranges
- 3 months to 4 years
- Cost Details
- See website for details, or contact the nursery.
- Who is this service for?
- Children aged 3 months to 4 years. We accept children from all backgrounds and with all needs.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Contact the nursery directly.
- Additional Languages
- Spanish, Portugese, Italian, French, Hungarian, Twi, Yoruba
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (15 hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (30 hours)
- Tax-free childcare
- How will you support my child?
Our setting welcomes children with SEND and we are committed to working with parents and other professionals to provide good inclusive practice. Our Islington link Area SENCO provides us with support, advice and training re children with SEND.
Our SENCO has level 3 and is also the nursery Manager, has attended training for working with children with autism/SLT and has lots of experience working hands on with children. Our QTA has level 4 and has had SEND training
Some of our staff have accessed PECS level 1 training
We have experience of working with several children with severe or complex needs
All rooms have a SLT/SCT folder and colleagues regularly use these for language delay and SCT children. We have also made SLT/SCT packs that have been given to relevant parents, to ensure continuity of support.
We have good links with SLT and Health visitors where relevant
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection Outcome Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 14/05/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report