BFI Film Academy Programme
The BFI Film Academy offers high quality training to the next generation of UK talent. If you are 16-19, interested in learning or improving your skills in animation or VFX, this is the place for you. (Please note – university students cannot apply and there is an earlybird application process.) Covid-19 details
Application deadline –
Thursday 17:00 30th September 2021
Applicants informed –
Tuesday 5th Oct 2021
Saturday 23/10/21 – 10:00am to 17:00pm
BFI Film Academy –
Monday to Saturday during the autumn half term (Monday 25th to Saturday 30th of October 2021). 10:00am to 17:00pm. Friends and family screening on the final Saturday 11.00 – all welcome.
You will need to be able to commit to all the workshop dates. The fee for the week is £25, which includes all costs. No one should feel that the lack of funds will prevent them attending, see details about our bursary scheme and accessibility.
The academy is an intense creative experience where 20 applicants develop their talent and make films. The selection will be based on ability, talent and willingness to work hard. We are using an EARLY BIRD system; simply put, you will increase your chances if you apply early. Good applications will still beat mediocre ones, applying early gives you a few more additional points and will make the difference between similar applicants. If you get a place, you will also have the opportunity to work towards the completion of the NFCE Level 2: Preparing to Work in the Film Industry, an accredited qualification that will enhance your CV and University applications. Read more about the NCFE and its benefits.
During the BFI Film Academy you will:
• Build your professional online portfolio.
• Make your own animated film or VFX sequence.
• Understand film-making language and the hidden meanings and structures in films.
• Widen your understanding of the animated and VFX world
• Receive industry training in specialist apps such as; Premiere, After Effects, Motion & Dragon frame.
• Learn from high profile visiting speakers who will be sharing tips, trade secrets and how they got their jobs.
Examples of student’s work from last year can be found here and this is a short video about the whole BFI academy scheme
This scheme is part of a national talent program. There are 35 courses running this autumn and spring over the UK and 7 of them in London. There are also a series of residential courses that will run in the spring of 2021. Visit BFI for more details
Who to contact
- 020 7607 8660 020 7607 8660
- Scan to visit this website
- The Film and Video Workshop – City & Islington College
444, Camden Road
- N7 0SP
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- See website
- Cost Details
- See website.
- Who is this service for?
- 16 to 19 year olds (not university students)
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Call the office, visit the website or email email@example.com