Sport Islington provides a co-ordinated voice for voluntary sport in Islington. It has £40k available to offer grants of up to:
- £1250 for clubs, community groups and youth groups to encourage and develop participation in sport at all levels and by all sections of the community by supporting proposed activity that is new
- £750 for individuals performing in a sport at county level or above
There are four funding rounds a year. Funding is only for a sport/activity that has a governing body recognised by Sport England.
Examples of what can be funded:
- A new badminton session in an Islington leisure centre
- A new dance class on an Islington council estate
- A new fitness session in an Islington community centre
- A fencer living in Islington who represents London
For more information and to apply, download the appropriate form on the right hand side:
- Sport Islington group application form for clubs, community groups and youth groups
- Sport Islington individual application form for individuals
For queries email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07443 544463.
Support for organisations to deliver sport or physical activity in Islington has other information about funding and support for providers of physical activity.
The GLL Sports Foundation offers funding and support to individuals performing in sport at a high level.
If you have a question about the content on this page, contact John Thorne: email@example.com; 020 7527 7096.