The service works proactively and responsively with clients from diverse backgrounds. We aim to:
- Help clients address substance use issues and implement harm minimisation strategies, including advice on relapse prevention, risks of polydrug and alcohol use and referral to specialist services
- Reduce criminal justice interventions and offending related to substance use
- Assist in accessing welfare benefits entitlements, including housing benefit
- Provide information, advice and support to address health and social care needs, including reducing risk from HIV and sexually transmitted infections
- Support clients to develop skills, access education, employment and training and other meaningful activities
The service is for:
- Single people aged over 18
- People who require support maintaining their tenancy due to a substance use issue.
Statutory or voluntary agencies in Islington can make referrals to the service. The service also takes self-referrals via telephone or email.