Ice Skating for People with Sensory Impairments and Complex Needs
Ever tried ice skating? Ever wanted to? These sessions are accessible to pretty much everyone with a sensory impairment or complex need and they are on-going throughout the year during term time.
You will have experienced skaters on the ice ready and willing to lend a hand if you need it or to push you around in a wheel chair, so even if you’re a bit unsteady or uncomfortable on your feet there is no need to miss out.
Additional information to note:
• Arrive to sessions at least 15 minutes early to get changed and complete any necessary paperwork
• Onsite café
• Please wear lose and comfortable clothing, preferably long-sleeved and remember it will be colder in the ice rink area than the rest of the centre
• Please bring a bottle of water with you
• Accessible toilets are available
Who to contact
- 020 7014 9365 020 7014 9365
- Scan to visit this website
Sobell Leisure Centre
- N7 7NY
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Wednesday, 11am to 12pm, term-time only.
- Cost Details
- £7.50 per session.
- Who is this service for?
- People aged 14 years and over with a sensory impairment or complex needs. Parents, carers and support workers are very welcome to come along and join in.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- How will you support my child?
You can skate independently or with support and even be pushed around in a wheel chair, so everyone can have a go regardless of your support needs.