SHINE makes sure that you get all the help you need to stay warm, increase income and stay healthy in your home. SHINE gives practical advice and refers to schemes that reduce the risks associated with hot or cold weather.
SHINE provides a single point of access to a large range of services including:
- Advice on reducing gas and electricity bills
- Energy efficiency grants and home visits
- Help with gas and electricity debt
- Checks to make sure your getting all your benefits
- Help if you fall over
- Checks if your home is dangerous to your health
- Fire safety checks
- Home security checks
- Home from Hospital Service
- Air quality alerts
- Handyperson Service
and many more. Contact the Energy Advice Team to see if your eligible for some or all of our schemes.
The Shine team can also help residents access funding from the Save the Children Eat, Sleep, Learn, Play grant which supports children and families living in need. The grant can provide families with household essentials such as a child's bed, cooker or educational books and toys.
Update information for referral partners 18.03.2020
The core service is still in operation during the COVID-19 pandemic, albeit with some disruptions noted below as our staff are working from home.
For self-referrals, ensure that clients text their name and number to 078 0000 6143, they will be called back between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Mon-Fri. In most instances, clients will be called back immediately.
For third party referrals, please use our online form or email client names and numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All advice services are live and ongoing, including conference calling with suppliers.
- Our advisors in this particularly difficult time are supporting residents from home to apply for their warm home discount, the Mayor’s Warmer Homes Scheme, ensuring they are on the priority services register, can access emergency credit with suppliers, and more.
- Visits from our energy doctors are temporarily unavailable.
- Existing booked visits have been postponed, new referrals for visits are added to our waiting list.