TEG helps mainly Turkish and Kurdish speaking adults and children overcome barriers to Education, Employment, Health, British Citizenship and any other problems they face.
- To assist individuals and their families in advancing their education, realising their potential and improving their quality of life
- To target members of the community who are faced with greater levels of inequality and discrimination - the unemployed, the unqualified and under-qualified, the disabled, refugees and women.
- To contribute to the multicultural society in the UK by ensuring that Turkish-speaking people are empowered to contribute their skills, talents and experience and play a full role in the community.
TEG provides three main services
- Qualified and experienced teachers running a range of courses and training programmes.
- Computer for Adults: Two levels with examinations and national qualifications (CLAIT OCR)
- Turkish Literacy for Women
- Turkish Reading and Writing classes for women.
- Turkish, Maths and Science for Children
- Weekend classes and Homework Clubs for children from 7 until 14 years of age. GCSE Maths & Science classes for children and adults of all ages.
- Turkish Language Courses: Weekly classes for English speakers wishing to learn Turkish from complete beginners to intermediate level.
TEG Information Advice and Guidence:
- A bilingual user/client centre with impartial advice, information and support.
- General Support: Call or drop for general support. Staff will either help you on the spot, make an appointment, or refer you to another appropriate service.
- Employment & Educational Advice: Make an appointment for specific IAG including Comparability Statement from NARIC.
- Legal Advice: Make an appointment for legal advice including Ankara Agreements, Work Permits, Home Office Issues, Benefits and Housing including buying your home.
- Health: Make an appointment for health related support including Smoking Cessation, Drugs and Alcohol Misuse, Extra Patient Care, Diet and Nutrition.
Social & Cultural Activities:
- Cultural and sports events, day trips to museums and galleries or the seaside, football, dance, theatre, music, film and seminars.
- Monthly Breakfasts: Held on the first Sunday of every month from 12.00 onwards. All are welcome, but make sure you bring your favourite food.
- Excursions/Outings: Visits to educational centres and day trips for families. Last trip we went to Margate.
- Culture & Sport: Art projects, video, theatre, dance, music, film, football and swimming for all ages.