Moreland Children's Centre is a friendly and welcoming centre based in EC1 in South Islington. The centre is part of Moreland School and has its own entrance in Gard Street.
The children's centre includes a nursery for 0 to 3 year olds, with a baby room and toddler room offering education and childcare all year round and part-time, term-time only free places for eligible two years olds. For information about how to apply for an eligibility check, go to the free early education for two year olds web page or call into the centre.
The Centre provides a range of Bright Start Early Childhood services from pregnancy until your child is five to support you and your child every step of the way and to help give your child the best start in life. Services on offer include:
- Early education and childcare including a childminding base with opportunities for parents to meet local childminders
- Child and family health including midwifery, heath visiting, child health clinic
- Speech and language support
- Breastfeeding support group, infant feeding and healthy eating
- Stay and play and other activities for you and your child to enjoy and learn together such as storytelling, singing and music
- Family and parenting support
- Information and advice about employment training, benefits
What parents and carers say about the centre: "We've used Moreland Centre loads and have found it to be so welcoming and all the staff are so friendly and polite. My daughter gets really excited when she's there!"
"All the stay and play services are very fantastic. It is a homely environment. I'm glad my child has learnt a lot, like interacting with other children, sharing, doing things like singing time, play time and snack time - he has benefitted from all their facilities."
"Family support were very helpful, gave advice on parenting and helped me choose a school for my child and visited me."
For information on activities see Bright Start Online activities
You can read the most recent Ofsted report here.
Healthy Start vitamins are available at all childen's centres.
For accessibility information, please visit Disabled Go.