The aim of WLM Highbury Counselling Centre (HCC) is to offer high quality, professional and affordable counselling to members of the community. WLM Highbury Counselling Centre was established in 1988 by WLM. West London Mission operates with an inclusive Christian ethos. HCC does not offer ‘Christian counselling’, and our services are open to people of all faiths and none.
Who are our services for?
WLM Highbury Counselling Centre is open to every member of the community, over the age of 18. The people who access our service find that they benefit from speaking with a trained counsellor about their experiences, symptoms, interpersonal problems, and/or life situation.
What kinds of issues are relevant to counselling?
Counselling can be helpful for many issues, including:
• Lack of confidence and low self-esteem
• Depression/ anxiety/ panic attacks
• Bereavement and loss
• Relationship problems
• Sexual/identity problems
• Upsetting thoughts or feelings
• Problems that are hard to define
What we offer:
• Weekly one-to-one sessions of up to 50 minutes, for a period of up to one year.
• Weekly group therapy sessions.
• An integrative service, which means that our counsellors follow different theoretical approaches, some of which include: Integrative counselling, Psychodynamic counselling, Person-centered and Existential counselling.
• Counsellors who are already qualified professionals or in the final stages of well-regarded post-graduate and doctorate training.
• Counsellors who adhere to the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) Code of Ethical Practice.