Free School Meals
The Council policy is to provide universal free school meals to all nursery and primary school pupils, aged three and above, in maintained schools in Islington.
Free school meals are available to eligible secondary school pupils. You may be eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income–based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit if your taxable income is less than £16,190 and you do not receive Working Tax Credit
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Section VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 and your household income is less than £7,400 a year after tax and before benefits
If you receive Working Tax Credit you are not eligible to claim for free school meals unless:
- you have stopped working in the last four weeks; or
- you have reduced your hours to less than 16 hours a week (single parents) or 24 hours a week (couples) in the last four weeks
Any pupils receiving one of the above benefits in their own right are also eligible for free school meals.
Your child may be eligible if you have no recourse to public funds (NRPF); see gov.uk for details.
Who to contact
- 020 7527 5483 020 7527 5483
- Scan to visit this website
222, Upper Street
- N1 1XR