Islington SENDias - Islington SEND Community Support Service
The Service provides free, legally based, impartial, confidential and accessible information, advice and support on all matters relating to special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). We offer:
Information and advice, either face to face, by telephone or electronically
Help with preparing for meetings with schools, colleges and the Local Authority
Support to express your views and wishes
Information, advice, and support on all education, health and social care matters
Help with writing letters, reports and filling in forms
Help to complete SEN-related paperwork such as requests for EHC assessment, Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
Information about local and national services and help with making referrals to services
Information, advice and support to help resolve conflicts and disagreements e.g. with schools, colleges and the Local Authority
Help with paperwork for Disability related welfare benefits including Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
Advice on Health and Social Care, Personal Budgets, the law on SEN and Disability.
SENDIASS services are statutory, which means that every council must provide them.
The duties and expectations of the Council to provide this service are set out in Chapter 2 of the SEND Code of Practice.
Attending Annual Reviews
If service users would like a member of staff to join them in an upcoming virtual annual review we can join them via Zoom and support in our usual way. We are advising that they notify the school SENCO in advance.
Income Maximisation Work
We provide support with disability related benefit and funding forms via phone, email and zoom where appropriate.
Friday Parent support group
We hold a parent/carer coffee morning the last Friday of the month at Lough Road Centre, N7 8FF from 10am - 12pm. Please email for further information firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Sarah Parker, Service Manager
- 020 3031 6651 020 3031 6651
- Scan to visit this website
Lough Road Centre, 61-71
- N7 8FF
Toilets are on the ground floor
Pedestrian approach: No public parking, disabled parking only
Level/Ramped Access: Ramp access
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Cost Details
- The service is free for Islington residents.
- Who is this service for?
- This service is for parents of children and young people with SEN or disabilities, young people and children with SEN or disabilities living in Islington. The Service will often work with parents and children/young people together but will also provide a service directly and separately to children and to young people aged 16-25. The child or young person does not need to have a formal diagnosis to access the service.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Telephone 020 3031 6551 or e mail email@example.com