Hayward Adventure Playground
Hayward Adventure Playground is especially for children with Special Needs and their siblings. This playground provides the space and freedom for disabled children and young people to experience child-led free play and be themselves. Here children are able to play adventurously, creatively and imaginatively in a safe, dynamic and child centred environment.
Hayward Adventure Playground has a large outdoor space with many trees and plants that children can explore and get back to nature. We have large structures, climbing frames, bikes, scooters, quiet areas, and water jets. We also offer a range of activities, such as cooking, gardening, art and sensory play, and trips for children to choose from.
We run after school clubs, Saturday clubs and holiday play schemes for children aged between 6 and 15. There is now a new after school club on Fridays for teenagers aged between 13 and 19 during term time. We also run a Youth Club on Wednesday and Sunday for young people aged 16 to 25 during term time only.
These clubs are only for children and young people registered at Hayward.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Katy Anderson, Kate Ferguson or Robin McKeown
- Contact Position
- Playground Manager
- 02076070033 02076070033
- Scan to visit this website
- Hayward Adventure Playground
- N7 9PL
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- After school club: Tuesday to Thursdays 3.30-5.30pm; Saturday clubs 10.15am-3.15pm; Holiday play schemes 10.15am-3.15pm for children aged between 6 and 15. New after school club on Fridays for ages 13 and 19 during term time 3.30- 5.30pm. We also run a Youth Club on Wednesday 6.30-8.30pm and Sunday 10.15am -3.15pm, for young people aged 16 to 25 during term time only.
- Age Ranges
5 to 19 years
- Cost Details
- This service is free to parents and carers at point of contact. Please contact the playground or your social worker for further information
- Who is this service for?
- Children from Islington with special needs aged 6 - 25 years. Children from local boroughs can attend.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Your child can be referred to any service through an assessment by parents, teachers, social workers or the Disabled Children's Team.
- Additional Languages
- British Sign Language
- 3 & 4 year old funding (30 hours)
- How will you support my child?
Playground for children with disabilities and special needs, and their siblings.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection Outcome Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 03/03/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Met
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report