A ‘loan shark’ is someone who lends money without the appropriate licence issued by the Financial Conduct Authority. Loan sharks rarely, if ever, give any paperwork and if payments are missed they often use intimidation and violence to get money from their ‘clients’.
The Illegal Money Lending Team is here to help. If you have any information, however small, on loan shark activities we can help.
• Have you been offered a cash loan?
• Have you been threatened when you couldn’t pay?
• Has your bank card been taken from you as a security?
• Does what you owe keep growing even though you are making payments?
If you can answer yes to any of the above then you may have been bitten by a loan shark. If you, or anyone you know, is experiencing any of the above or has any knowledge of loan shark activities then contact our team in confidence.
Our team is national – we cover and investigate illegal money lenders across the whole of England.
This service can support clients with:
- Debt advice and help with money