Islington Supported Employment Team (iSet)
iSet provides employment support to Islington residents who have been diagnosed with a global learning disability (GLD).
iSet is a short-term service which offers:
- An initial assessment to establish a resident’s support needs and what they would like to gain from the referral, iSet support with employment, training, volunteering and apprenticeships.
- Support with CV writing and applying for jobs, volunteer positions or training opportunities.
- Interview skills sessions and mock interview training.
- Support during a job interview.
- Support with benefits and any on-boarding processes required by an employer.
- One to one in-work support during the first few weeks of a job start, including travel training to the place of work and support during commuting if required.
- Long term support is available from iSet if a resident experiences difficulties at work. After a candidate has completed their job start the referral will be closed but iSet will resume support if requested by the employee or employer.
Community Access Project
iSet replaces the Community Access Project (CAP).
- If you were referred to CAP for employment support there will be no changes to the support you receive as iSet will continue to use the same one-to-one model of support.
- A virtual restart is planned for late May where employment support will be provided online through platforms such as Zoom or Teams. This would require any successful candidate to begin work without one to one support and as a result may not be suitable for every job seeker currently open to the service.
- If you have been referred to CAP for activities, you will still be supported but this will now come from a different service.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Paul Middleton
- Contact Position
- Community Access Project Team Leader
- 020 7527 5609 020 7527 5609
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- Who is this service for?
- Adults with a Learning Disability who live in Islington.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Residents can be referred to iSet through ILDP.