Highbury Quadrant Primary School Nursery
Nursery classes in Islington schools offer full or part-time education to 3 and 4 year olds. Highbury Quadrant also offers free early learning for 2 year olds.
All 3 and 4 year olds can get 15 hours free early education per week during term time. Families who are eligible for 30 hours free childcare, can get an additional 15 hours per week for their 3 and 4 year olds. Families who are not eligible for 30 hours free childcare, can choose to pay for an additional 15 hours per week.
Schools are open for 3 terms a year - about 38 weeks. Classes are taught by teachers, with help of classroom assistants. They deliver the foundation stage curriculum, following the basic principle of learning through play.
Please note, even if your child goes to the school's nursery class, do not assume you will get a place in the primary school. You must apply through school admissions www.islington.gov.uk/admissions (020 7527 5515) to get into the primary school.
You can read the most recent Ofsted report by using the link at the end of the page.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Terri Higgins, Headteacher; Anna Buhorah, Foundation Stage Coordinator
- 020 7226 6531 020 7226 6531
- Scan to visit this website
Highbury New Park
- N5 2DP
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 3.30pm. Open 39 weeks a year.
- Age Ranges
42 months to 4 years
- Cost Details
- No charge for free early education hours. Speak to the school about charges for extended hours.
- Who is this service for?
- Children aged 36 months to 4 years
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (15 hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (30 hours)
- How will you support my child?
Further SEND information can be found in Highbury Quadrant's SEN Report