Samuel Rhodes Outreach Team works with mainstream school staff to support the learning and inclusion of any students with moderate learning difficulties. They build capacity in schools by providing blocks of outreach and by providing training. They work with teaching staff to target set, advise on interventions and help embed strategies in the classroom. The point of contact in the school is the school SENCO.
The service provides:
- Termly core training. This is open to all Islington Schools.
- Five week blocks of outreach from nursery through to year 12.
- Advice on curriculum development and assessment.
- Additional in-school training.
- Coordinate the Islington Down Syndrome Network and run termly workshops.
- Help coordinate the Islington Dyslexia Network and manage their assessment referral system.