Contact us for advice on cutting your energy and staying warm at home.
We run workshops to help you draught-proof your home, thermally line your curtains and reduce your energy bills.
If the household has someone vulnerable living there, we can assess you for the SHINE scheme which can help you stay safe and warm at home by referring you on to a variety of different services; such as falls assessments, health checks and fire safety checks. Our Energy Doctor service can fit some small measures around your home, for example draught-proofing, to help you stay warm and give you lots of advice.
We can help if you are in debt with your energy or water company and can speak to them on your behalf. We will also check to see if you are eligible to receive any bill discounts or grants.
The Energy Advice Team provides information and support to Islington residents on:
- Low cost and no cost ways to save energy
- Paying your fuel bills
- Efficient heating systems
- Low energy lighting
- Local and national grants and discount schemes
- Understanding bills
- Renewable energy technologies
- Schemes that reduce health risks associated with hot and cold weather
We also provide several community services including;
- Curtain lining and draught proofing workshops
- Presentations to vulnerable groups on keeping cool in the summer and using your heating controls
- Energy Doctor in the Home and Energy Doctor in the Community services as well as supporting other council services.
This service can support clients with:
- Debt advice and help with money
- Help with benefits or grants