Islington Energy Advice Team
Contact us for advice on cutting your energy and staying warm at home.
We run workshops to help you draught-proof your home, thermally line your curtains and reduce your energy bills.
If the household has someone vulnerable living there, we can assess you for the SHINE scheme which can help you stay safe and warm at home by referring you on to a variety of different services; such as falls assessments, health checks and fire safety checks. Our Energy Doctor service can fit some small measures around your home, for example draught-proofing, to help you stay warm and give you lots of advice.
We can help if you are in debt with your energy or water company and can speak to them on your behalf. We will also check to see if you are eligible to receive any bill discounts or grants.
The Energy Advice Team provides information and support to Islington residents on:
- Low cost and no cost ways to save energy
- Paying your fuel bills
- Efficient heating systems
- Low energy lighting
- Local and national grants and discount schemes
- Understanding bills
- Renewable energy technologies
- Schemes that reduce health risks associated with hot and cold weather
We also provide several community services including;
- Curtain lining and draught proofing workshops
- Presentations to vulnerable groups on keeping cool in the summer and using your heating controls
- Energy Doctor in the Home and Energy Doctor in the Community services as well as supporting other council services.
This service can support clients with:
- Debt advice and help with money
- Help with benefits or grants
The core service is still in operation during the COVID-19 pandemic, albeit with some disruptions noted below as our staff are working from home.
For self-referrals, ensure that clients text their name and number to 078 0000 6143, they will be called back between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Mon-Fri. In most instances, clients will be called back immediately.
For third party referrals, please use our online form or email client names and numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All advice services are live and ongoing, including conference calling with suppliers.
- Our advisors in this particularly difficult time are supporting residents from home to apply for their warm home discount, the Mayor’s Warmer Homes Scheme, ensuring they are on the priority services register, can access emergency credit with suppliers, and more.
- Visits from our energy doctors are temporarily unavailable.
- Existing booked visits have been postponed, new referrals for visits are added to our waiting list.
Who to contact
- Text name and number to 078 0000 6143 for a call back Text name and number to 078 0000 6143 for a call back 0800 953 1221 (Freephone) 0800 953 1221 (Freephone)
- Islington Energy Advice
- Scan to visit this website
222 Upper Street
- N1 1XR