Social Communication Team
The Islington Social Communication Team (SCT) offers a high quality assessment and intervention service to Islington children with social and communication needs, under 5 years of age.
The team specialises in assessing children's play, learning, behaviour, sensory processing, language and social communication skills, including autism. We will:
• work in a way that sees each child as an individual
• assign a key therapist from the team to coordinate the child's assessment
• work with professionals from different agencies including social care, education and the voluntary sector to offer a flexible service which will support children and families
• work with parents and carers to enable them to make informed choices, and to access services which address the child's changing needs
The Social Communication Team consists of speech and language therapists, clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, consultant paediatricians, a family therapist and therapy assistants. It has links to: dieticians, social workers, educational psychologists, and specialist dentists.
Who to contact
During the COVID pandemic we are doing our best to maintain some aspects of assessment, and information and advice for parents, but our staff are being called on to redeploy to urgent hospital services. The best way of getting in touch with one of the team for information or support is via this number: 07818 015763 or via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Who to contact
- use: 07818 015 763 (020 3316 1882) use: 07818 015 763 (020 3316 1882) 020 3316 1878 020 3316 1878
- Scan to visit this website
Northern Health Centre580
- N7 6LB
- Who is this service for?
- Any child 0-5 years where parents and professionals agree that an autism spectrum disorder could account for the child’s difficulties.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals can be made by health practitioners through the central referrals service at the Northern Health Centre.