Floating Support is a free housing support service for people who are struggling to maintain their tenancies. It is available to single people, couples and families from any communication. Floating support services help people to:
- manage their tenancy by developing independent living skills e.g. managing income or rent arrears
- access community services e.g., health, social care, mental health, treatment services etc.
- manage relationships with neighbours (e.g. anti-social behaviour) and professionals
- access education, training and employment opportunities
- access appropriate benefit services
Floating Support is familiar with all types of tenancy including council housing, private rental and housing association accommodation. The support available is flexible and matches the assessed support needs of the individual. Help usually comes by way of home visits, but these support sessions can be held elsewhere if necessary.
You can access Floating Support services via: