Arts and Media School Islington is a mixed Trust school. Trust schools are types of Foundation schools that form charitable trusts with an outside partner such as a business or educational charity, but are maintained by the Local Authority.
All schools are inspected regularly by Ofsted (the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills). For the latest report about this school go to www.ofsted.gov.uk
Determined Admission Arrangements
The school has chosen to adopt the Council's community school admission arrangements.
- DfE Code: 206/4325
- Specialism: Creative Arts and Media
- Age range: 11-16
- Number of places available in year 7: 150
- Open morning: Thursdays 9.00am-10.15am: 23 and 30 September; 7, 14 and 21 October
- Open evening: 16 September, 5.00pm-7.30pm
- Does the school have a sixth form? City and Islington College
- School start and finish times: KS3 - 8.30am-2.15pm; KS4 9.25am-3.10pm
- Is the school recognised as a 'Healthy School'?: No
- Accessibility: Fully accessible including lifts
- Support for transition to Year 7: Welcome Morning; Primary school visits; Induction Day in July; Transition Resources; One-to-one School visits; Summer school in August; Head-Start Day in September
- Last pupil admitted under distance criterion last year: Does not apply