Arts and Media School Islington is a mixed Trust school. Trust schools are types of Foundation schools that form charitable trusts with an outside partner such as a business or educational charity, but are maintained by the Local Authority.
All schools are inspected regularly by Ofsted (the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills). To see the latest report about this school go to www.ofsted.gov.uk
Determined Admission Arrangements
The school has chosen to adopt the Council's community school admission arrangements.
- DfE Code: 206/4325
- Specialism: Performing arts
- Age range: 11-16
- Number of places available in year 7: 150 from September 2020
- Open morning: School tour and Head Teacher Q&A session: Every Thursday from 12 September to 17 October, 9.30am – 11.00am
- Open evening: 1 October, 5-7.30pm
- Does the school have a sixth form? City and Islington College
- School start and finish times: 8.50am-3.20pm
- Is the school recognised as a 'Healthy School'?: No
- Accessibility: Fully accessible including lifts
- Support for transition to Year 7: Friendship morning; primary school visits; induction day and summer school
- Last pupil admitted under distance criterion last year: Does not apply