Private Residents Support

Private tenants and landlords now only have to remember one number for all their housing queries. It’s now easier for tenants to get through to the right person for advice about renting a property in the private rented sector, complaints or queries about repairs and standards, and for housing benefit and council tax queries.

The lines are also for landlords interested in renting properties to the council or wanting advice about being a landlord. The number to call is 020 7527 3001.

Getting in touch
Customers can contact Residential Environmental Health to talk about private sector housing e.g. getting your landlord to carry out a repair or concerns with your housing conditions. For advice on tenancy rights, harassment and eviction issues or other landlord tenant disputes please contact the Housing Aid Centre.

The Islington Private Tenant's Group is an independent organisation that can provide information, advice and advocacy for private tenants.


Residential Environmental Health Service, Public Protection Division, Islington Council, 222 Upper Street, London N1 1XR
Tel: 020 7527 3001 (Option 2) Fax: 020 7527 3097

Housing Aid Team
The Islington Customer Centre, 222 Upper Street, London, N1 1XR
Tel: 020 7527 3001 (Option 1) Fax: 020 7527 6307

Opening Times
Monday-Friday,  9am - 5pm

Islington Private Tenants

Who to contact

Islington Private Tenants
Scan to visit this website

Last Updated

Last updated:


Comment on this listing Save to My shortlist