The after-school club supports a small number of children and young people over a long period of time to progress them to the point where they can integrate into the open access youth club.
Our inclusive activities give participants the opportunity to try something new in a safe and exciting environment. These benefits include:
- Taking part in a range of new and exciting activities
- Confidence building by pushing boundaries
- Working towards greater independence
- Building self-confidence, increased self-worth
- Reinforcing and learning new life skills
- Learning new sports activity that can turn into a hobby to participate in regularly
- Accessing a multitude of social communication opportunities
The activities on offer include: canoeing, kayaking, powerboating, sailing, narrow boating, bell boating, mountain biking, martial arts and arts projects are taught as part of the on-site programme. Regular off-side days and residential trips are also organised, which enable our members to broaden their horizons, widen their experiences and test themselves in more challenging environments.
DisabledGo has produced a guide about accessibility at Islington Boat Club.