The Parent House Trust
We offer a warm welcome and a programme of support and training for local parents and carers that suits individual needs.
This service is for Islington parents only, if you live, work or have a child in an Islington School. You must be a Parent/Carer/Grandparent
Our accredited courses have confidence building and communication skills embedded in them. Courses range from Level 1 vocational courses to Entry Level ESOL classes. We have an on-site Ofsted registered creche which supports some of our courses.
Through our 'Volunteering Works' project we support parents and carers into volunteering opportunities to suit their strengths, as well as develop skills that will increase their chances of getting into work. More imfprmation on volunteering for the Parent House Outreach Project
We have developed an accredited Mentoring Project which trains and supports parents to mentor other parents, who might need someone to talk to or who are looking to start or return to work.
1 year Volunteer Mentor Work placement for Islington parents, full training and qualifications,1-1 Support to other local parents, on a weekly basis for a period of up to 6 months
Outreach Volunteer Worker – 6 month work experience for Islington parents, Helping other parents find out about local services in Islington and what’s on offer at The Parent House.
Courses and creche facilities are offered on a 'first come' basis. For details of courses running currently, please follow the link to The Parent House website or see the attached flyer.
We also run a Walking Project every Friday from 10am to 11.30am (Weather permitting) starting from The Parent House and around Islington/Camden.
If there are parents who would like 1-1 support from a Mentor, they can be referred in to our Mentoring project.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- 020 7837 1383 020 7837 1383
- The Parent House
- Scan to visit this website
- Name of venue
- The Parent House
55, Calshot Street
- N1 9AS
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, drop-in and enquiries.
- Age Ranges
- Parents of all ages
- Cost Details
- Free of charge
- Who is this service for?
- Parents and carers living in Islington and Camden. Those who require entry level courses, or confidence building, newly arrived parents requiring support, second language parents, parents and carers who require support. A creche is available for children between 6 months and 4 years. Depending on funding we offer activities for all the family which includes children of all ages.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
You can self-refer by speaking to any member of staff or dropping in to find out more about what’s on offer and what is suited to you.
- Additional Languages
- There are few languages spoken, if funding permits interpreters will be arranged.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection Outcome Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 03/02/2014 Inspection (Childcare Register) Not Met (with actions)
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report