Adult Community Learning, ACL
Islington Adult Community Learning works in partnership with the voluntary and community sector to provide a network of neighbourhood learning centres across the borough. We offer a range of free courses for Islington residents who would like to improve their skills and life chances.
Our courses include:
ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Vocational and Employability Skills
- Digital Skills
- Family Learning
- Community Learning Engagement
We also offer Information Advice and Guidance sessions to residents who want some help in deciding which course is best for them.
Our courses and services are free for Islington residents or parents with children in Islington schools. To be eligible you must be:
- 19 or over
- Resident in the UK for at least 3 years or come from the European Union
- Unemployed or low-waged and receiving benefits.
How to Enrol:
Call or WhatsApp us on 07734 777466 for more information or visit adultlearning.islington.gov.uk to apply and enrol on our courses.
In person enrolment days 2022:
- Wednesday 30 March 9.30am to 4pm
- Thursday 31 March 9.30am to 4pm
- Wednesday 20 April, 9.30am to 4pm
The Community Centre, 76 Parkhurst Road N7 0FF
Who to contact
- 07734 777 466 07734 777 466
- Adult Community Learning
- Scan to visit this website
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Saturday: 9.30am to 8pm (course times vary).
- Cost Details
- Who is this service for?
- These courses are for you if you are an Islington resident or have children that attend an Islington school, and you are over 19 years of age, unemployed, low waged or receiving the following: Jobseeker's Allowance; Housing Benefit; Income Support; Incapacity Benefit; Other income-related benefits. All our courses are aimed at people who do not yet have their first full Level 2 qualification, e.g. 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or an NVQ Level 2. There are some exceptions to this. Please talk to us for details. We also have some courses open to older learners.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Call 07734 777 466 or email email@example.com