Beacon High is a community secondary school. Community schools are schools that are built and looked after by Islington Council. The Council pays all running costs for the school and sets admission requirements.
All schools are inspected regularly by Ofsted (the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills). To see the latest report about this school go to http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/
Determined Admission Arrangements
The school has chosen to adopt the Council's community school admission arrangements.
- DfE Code: 206/4112
- Specialism: Specialist sports college
- Age range: 11-16
- Number of places available in year 7: 120 from September 2020
- Open morning: 16, 24 September, 2, 10, 29, 30 October at 9am
- Open evening: 17 October, 5.30-7.30pm
- Does the school have a sixth form? City and Islington College
- School start and finish times: 8.40am-3.00pm
- Accessibility: Wheelchair access, lift, accessible toilets
- Support for your child at secondary transfer: Year 6 Information Evening in June; induction day in July; individual intake meetings for all families; additional visits to the school if needed.
- Last pupil admitted under distance criterion last year: Does not apply