Parenting Programmes in Islington
Free online courses for parents and carers, Solihull Our Place
These free online courses for parents and carers are based on the Solihull Approach to parenting which promotes emotional health and well-being by supporting relationships. A number courses are on offer and can be completed at your own pace and time, enabling dads, mums, dads and mums-to-be and carers to get advice and information to support them in their parenting roles from pre-birth to 18 years.
- Understanding your pregnancy, birth, labour, and your baby
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your child with additional needs
- Understanding your child 0-19 years (main course) and/or
- Understanding your teenager's brain for parents (short course)
- Understanding your brain for teenagers (short course)
- Understanding your child (Somali translation)
- Understanding your own trauma
Fahamka ilmahaaga (Understanding your child: Somali Translation)
Wax ku saabsan cashirkan
'Fahamka ilmahaaga' waa cashir onlayn ah oo loogu talagalay dhammaan waalidiinta, ayeeyooyinka iyo awoowyaasha iyo daryeelayaasha carruurta da'doodu tahay 0-18 sano. Cashirkani waa mid la dhex guusayo aqoonta. Wuxuu horumariyaa qaabka loo eego waxyaabaha ka caawin doona xaaladaha badankood lagu jiro.
How to access the courses:
- Visit the ‘Our Place’ website here
- Click on ‘Start now: Buy courses or apply code’
- Enter access code: Bright start
- Enter your information and postcode
- Start your course!
Islington offers a range of parenting programmes and courses for parents to be and parents and carers with children aged 0 to 19 who either live in Islington or have children attending Islington schools.
See the individual service listings for each programme, including information on how to make a referral:
Download a full timetable of parenting programmes.
Who to contact
The Annexe, The Laycock Centre
- N1 1TH
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Cost Details
- Who is this service for?
- For parents and carers and all agencies and practitioners within Islington.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Please see parenting programme timetable. For the enhanced Strengthening Families courses, please contact Families First on 020 7527 4343. Parents and practitioners can also contact the Family Information Service on 020 7527 5959 to find out more about the range of parenting courses on offer.
- How will you support my child?
Refer to the guide to programmes for information on SEND specific courses such as the Early Bird programme for parents of children under 5 years who are newly diagnosed with ASC and Parenting a child with ADHD - specially designed for parents of children aged 5 - 13 years who have a confirmed diagnosis of ADHD/ADD.