Islington offers a range of parenting programmes and courses for parents to be and parents and carers with children aged 0 to 19 who either live in Islington or have children attending Islington schools.
Download a full timetable of parenting programmes.
Free online courses for parents and carers, Solihull Our Place
These free online courses for parents and carers are based on the Solihull Approach to parenting which promotes emotional health and well-being by supporting relationships. Four courses are on offer and can be completed at your own pace and time, enabling dads, mums, dads and mums-to-be and carers to get advice and information to support them in their parenting roles from pre-birth to 18 years.
How to access the courses:
- Visit the ‘Our Place’ website here
- Click on ‘Start now: Buy courses or apply code’
- Enter access code: Bright start
- Enter your information and postcode
- Start your course!
Offer valid until 20th October 2020!
Islington has a co-ordinated approach to the delivery of parenting programmes. This involves:
- commissioning and evaluating programmes
- providing information and advice
- co-ordinating training of facilitators
- making sure programmes are of high quality and appropriate to parents needs