Free online courses for parents and carers, Solihull Our Place
These free online courses for parents and carers are based on the Solihull Approach to parenting which promotes emotional health and well-being by supporting relationships. Four courses are on offer and can be completed at your own pace and time, enabling dads, mums, dads and mums-to-be and carers to get advice and information to support them in their parenting roles from pre-birth to 18 years.
- Understanding your pregnancy, birth, labour, and your baby
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your child with additional needs
- Understanding your child 0-19 years (main course) and/or
- Understanding your teenager's brain for parents (short course)
- Understanding your brain for teenagers (short course) NEW
- Understanding your child (Somali translation)
Fahamka ilmahaaga (Understanding your child: Somali Translation)
Wax ku saabsan cashirkan
'Fahamka ilmahaaga' waa cashir onlayn ah oo loogu talagalay dhammaan waalidiinta, ayeeyooyinka iyo awoowyaasha iyo daryeelayaasha carruurta da'doodu tahay 0-18 sano. Cashirkani waa mid la dhex guusayo aqoonta. Wuxuu horumariyaa qaabka loo eego waxyaabaha ka caawin doona xaaladaha badankood lagu jiro.
How to access the courses:
- Visit the ‘Our Place’ website here
- Click on ‘Start now: Buy courses or apply code’
- Enter access code: Bright start
- Enter your information and postcode
- Start your course!
Offer valid until 31 October 2022.
Islington offers a range of parenting programmes and courses for parents to be and parents and carers with children aged 0 to 19 who either live in Islington or have children attending Islington schools.
See the individual service listings for each programme, including information on how to make a referral:
Download a full timetable of parenting programmes.