Andover Estate Community Centre
Community Warm Space Offer: Comfy seating, chess tables, book trolleys, coffee and tea and a light lunch. Monday 9am-4pm
Andover Estate Community Centre, located in Finsbury Park in Islington, is a space for local people of all ages and backgrounds. We cater mostly to residents living in the Finsbury Park Ward of Islington, especially families and individuals on restricted budgets or struggling with impacts of COVID19.
Our usual activities and services include after school and holiday provision for children, under 5s Stay & Play, support groups & activities, and several community events over the year. We have an ongoing gardening project which welcomes volunteers. We can offer space to hire for parties, meetings, or regular activities.
Our Food Waste Reduction Project is a weekly Friday event to reduce waste and cut food miles. It is not a crisis service but we regularly chat to participants about their needs and refer to relevant support services if required.
On Saturday FoodCycle run a drop-in Community Lunch where people can share a cooked meal and get involved in activities, with a focus on reducing waste and encouraging people to create their own healthy meals on a budget. For more information about the Lunch please contact email@example.com
Andover Estate Community Centre, located in Finsbury Park in Islington, is a space for local people of all ages and backgrounds. We help those living in the Finsbury Park Ward of Islington, especially families and individuals on restricted budgets and struggling with impacts of COVID19.
Our usual activities and services include after school and holiday provision for children, under 5s Stay & Play, support groups & activities, and several community events over the year including our major Soul in the City event, which will take place on 16th July 2022.
Regular events include
- a Monday morning coffee morning for residents to meet , chat, play board games or go on outings.
- A Wednesday morning play and stay gives term-time support to parents of under 5’s with a chance for both children and parents to socialise.
- The Friday Food Waste Reduction project means residents can help reduce waste and food miles by collecting donated food – which is often excess or close to expiry. date.
- The Saturday Community Lunch is a good opportunity for residents to meet their neighbours.
- Regular sewing tuition and arts and crafts sessions
- a variety of different keep fit classes including pilates and Zumba contribute to the wellbeing of participants
Andover Estate Community Centre also manages the Durham Road Community Rooms.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Chris Donovan
- Contact Position
- 020 7272 3493 020 7272 3493
- Under construction
- Scan to visit this website
Andover Community Centre
- N7 7RY
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Reception open 9am – 6pm on weekdays; sessions continue to run on evenings and weekends.
- Cost Details
- Cost for some sessions; please contact us for details.