The Wheelchair Service aims to increase the independence of wheelchair users in Camden and Islington by providing wheelchairs which meet their needs.
The Service offers:
- specialist wheelchair assessments
- postural assessments
- provision of wheelchairs, cushions and postural support.
All children and young people are offered an annual review to ensure the equipment continues to meet their needs as they grow.
The Wheelchair service sees people of all ages including children and young people. People can access the service if they are registered with a GP in Camden or Islington.
People are eligible for the service if they have a long term physical disability that limits mobility, and they are registered with a GP in Camden or Islington.
People are NOT eligible for the service if they:
- Require a wheelchair for less than six months
- Are undergoing rehabilitation or who are not medically stable
- Require outdoor-only powered mobility
- Are living in a nursing home/ residential home and require a wheelchair for transit use only
The service also offers visits to client’s homes, day centres, nursing homes and schools.
Regular school clinics are held at Swiss Cottage School, The Bridge Primary and Secondary and Richard Cloudesley Primary and Secondary schools.
Wheelchair maintenance and repairs
Wheelchairs provided by the service are maintained and repaired free of charge by our approved repairers, AJM Healthcare.
Clients can contact AJM Healthcare, Monday – Friday, 8am – 11pm on:
Tel: 020 3815 6444, Fax: 01323 849707 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
- 020 3317 5040 020 3317 5040
- Scan to visit this website
The Peckwater Centre
6 Peckwater Street
- NW5 2TX
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:00
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral required