St Mary Magdalene is a mixed, all-through academy sponsored by the Church of England. Academies are independently managed and the governing body sets its own admissions criteria.
All schools are inspected regularly by Ofsted (the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills). To see the latest report about this school go to www.ofsted.gov.uk/
Determined Admission Arrangements
- DfE Code: 206/6905
- Specialism: Humanities and Global Citizenship
- Age range: 5-18
- Number of places available in year 7: 210 (30 places are reserved for pupils attending the primary phase at the Academy)
- Morning tours: Everyday from 14 September - 16 October (bookings only from website)
- Governors’ Aptitude Place information evening: Monday 14 September (possible live stream)
- Open evening: Thursday 8 October; Head Teacher’s talk (possible live stream)
- Test dates: 3 and 4 October. Please complete the application form here
- Does the school have a sixth form? The Academy Sixth Form offers a full range of A levels
- School start and finish times: 8.40am-3.30pm (Year 7 Tuesday 4.30pm)
- Is the school recognised as a 'Healthy School'?: No
- Accessibility: Fully accessible
- Support for your child at secondary transfer: Induction Day and Off-site Team Building Day
- Last pupil admitted under distance criterion last year: Does not apply
- Calculate your home to school distance.
Test dates: 3 and 4 October. Please complete the application form here.