KMEWO’s core services to Kurdish, Middle Eastern and North African (KMENA) women living in London are provided FREE in a safe, confidential, non-judgmental and a women only environment. They include:
- General advice and information on issues of Welfare benefit and housing.
- Specialist advice and advocacy support for survivors of Domestic Abuse and Harmful Traditional Practices.
- Confidence building through group therapy, information workshops and outings, mentoring and peer support and volunteering opportunities.
- Therapeutic counselling services in several languages including Arabic and Kurdish.
- ESOL (1, 2 and 3), IT, Employability skills, Child care and Teaching assistance skills courses.
- Advice and support in employability and progression to further education.
- Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) helpline and Advice line
KMEWO, Kurdish and Middle Eastern Women's Organisation in Britain
Who to contact
- Caxton House
St John's Way
- N19 3RQ
Time / date Details
- Opening times/date
- Open Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 5.30pm. Telephone Helpline : Out of working hours service
- Who is this service for?
- Kurdish, Middle Eastern and North African women who are migrants, Refugees or asylum seekers, newly arrived or settled in the UK for a long time.
- Can I refer myself?
- How to refer or apply
Women can refer themselves or other women by calling any of the telephone numbers provided or walking into the office.
Professionals need to complete a referral form from our website : www.kmewo.com
- Additional Languages
- Arabic, Kurdish (Sorani), Farsi, Dari, Tigrinya and several other languages Support for non-English speakers is always available