Elizabeth Garrett Anderson is a girls' community secondary school. Community schools are schools that are built and looked after by Islington Council. The Council pays all running costs for the school and sets admission requirements. All schools are inspected regularly by Ofsted (the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills). To see the latest report about this school go to www.ofsted.gov.uk/
Determined Admission Arrangements
The school has chosen to adopt the Council's community school admission arrangements.
- DfE Code: 206/4324
- Specialism: Teaching School
- Age range: 11-16
- Number of places available in year 7: 180
- Open mornings: 22, 29, 30 September; 6, 13, 20 October - 9.15am
- Open afternoon / evening: 7 October, 2-7pm (there will be time slots available for parents to sign up on the school website from September, there will also be a virtual tour)
- Does the school have a sixth form? City and Islington College
- School start and finish times: 8.50am-3.25pm (3.05pm on Thursdays)
- Is the school recognised as a 'Healthy School'?: Yes, Bronze Award (Apr-18)
- Accessibility: Fully accessible
- Support for your child at secondary transfer: Primary visits, admissions interview, taster morning, parents' evening, summer school, Year 7 only first day, Year 7 families garden party
- Last pupil admitted under distance criterion last year: 0.907 miles.
- Calculate your home to school distance.