Duncombe Primary School Nursery
The Duncombe School vision is lifelong support and celebration. We will focus, from the day your child joins us, on ambition. Throughout the school, this will be reviewed, and your child will be helped to understand what they need to do to achieve their ambition.
The friendly and highly qualified nursery team work with families to provide a caring and secure environment for all our children. We create a range of learning experiences and opportunities, enabling each child to follow his or her own interests and initiate his or her own play. Parents are invited to have a tour of the school by appointment. See our parent handbook on the school website for more information www.duncombeprimary.co.uk/learning
Nursery classes in Islington schools offer full or part-time education to 3 and 4 year olds. This nursery also offers part-time places to eligible 2 year olds.
All 3 and 4 year olds can get 15 hours free early education per week during term time. Families who are eligible for 30 hours free childcare, can get an additional 15 hours per week for their 3 and 4 year olds. Families who are not eligible for 30 hours free childcare, can choose to pay for an additional 15 hours per week.
Schools are open for 3 terms a year - about 38 weeks. Classes are taught by teachers, with help of classroom assistants. They deliver the foundation stage curriculum, following the basic principle of learning through play.
Please note, even if your child goes to the school's nursery class, do not assume you will get a place in the primary school. You must apply through school admissions www.islington.gov.uk/admissions (020 7527 5515) to get into the primary school.
You can read the most recent Ofsted report by using the link at the end of the page.
Who to contact
- 020 7272 5620 020 7272 5620
- Scan to visit this website
- N19 4JA
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday 9am to 3.30pm. Open 39 weeks a year. From September 2015, there will be 63 places in the nursery and all places will be initially part-time, offered as 3 hours per day. Children will be allocated either a morning place (9am to 12pm) or an afternoon place (12.30-3.30pm) after the initial settling in period. A decision will be made in October about which children have the greatest need and also are the most appropriate for a full-time place.
- Age Ranges
- 24 months to 4 years
- Cost Details
- No charge for free early education hours. Speak to the school about charges for extended hours.
- Who is this service for?
- Children aged 2 yrs to 4 years
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Additional Languages
- Spanish (Wednesdays); Turkish, Somali and Bengali (Fridays)
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (15 hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (30 hours)
- How will you support my child?
In order for the school to meet the individual needs of all pupils, we place a great deal of importance on the identification of children's needs in the early stages of their school life. Communication between home and school is essential. We welcome and value the information you are able to give us about your child. We encourage parents to approach their child's class teacher to discuss any concerns. The school's Special Needs Coordinator is also available to discuss concerns and give advice. Class teachers will inform parents of any concerns they have.
Further SEND information can be found in Duncombe's SEN Report