Paradise Park Children's Centre
Paradise Park Children's Centre offers a supportive setting where friendly, experienced, qualified staff, including qualified teachers, work with children and families. In addition it offers children under 5 and their families a range of integrated and inclusive services, including care and education places, health services, family support (including parenting courses) and outreach, access to training opportunities and advice on tax credits. Parents are encouraged to become involved in the life of the Centre.
Paradise Park Children's Centre is in an award-winning building beside Paradise Park and provides a happy environment with lots of fun while learning through play.
Paradise Park Children's Centre is recognised as an Islington Healthy Early Years setting has received the Healthy Early Years Bronze Award.
Islington Healthy Early Years works with settings to ensure a good level of support for the health and wellbeing of children under five and their families. Healthy Early Years London (HEYL) is an awards scheme funded by the Mayor of London which recognises Early Years settings’ achievements in child health, wellbeing and development. More information about the London award is available here.
You can read the most recent Ofsted report here.
Healthy Start vitamins are available to collect here.
For accessibility information, please visit Disabled Go.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Wendy Jeeves, Services Director; Joy Abegunde Nursery Manager
- 020 7697 7330 020 7697 7330 020 3336 2985 Please use this number until the above number becomes available again, on Monday 9 February 2024 020 3336 2985 Please use this number until the above number becomes available again, on Monday 9 February 2024
- Scan to visit this website
- Name of venue
- Paradise Park Children's Centre
164, Mackenzie Road
- N7 8SE
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
- Age Ranges
- Childcare services are for children aged 6 months to 4 years
- Cost Details
- There is a charge for children under 3 and for those 3- and 4-year-olds who stay longer than the free education hours.
- Who is this service for?
- Everyone living in Islington who cares for a child under 5
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Phone the Children's Centre. It's not possible to tour the nursery at the moment but you can watch our virtual tour.
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (15 hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (30 hours)
- Tax-free childcare
- How will you support my child?
Our setting welcomes children with SEND and we are committed to working with parents and other professionals to provide good inclusive practice. Our Islington link Area SENCO provides us with support, advice and training re children with SEND.
Our SENCO is an experienced graduate who has attended training on autism, Maketon, Down Syndrome and language development.
Key people that work with children who use PECS have been trained to use them by the Occupational Therapist.
We have experience of working with several children with severe and complex needs. We have found that our ethos of listening to children and working with them through play has particularly supported some children with SEN.
We run small language groups for children with speech and language delay.
We work closely and innovatively with the centre psychologist and speech therapist. We also work closely with our local health visitors, family health advisor and midwives.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection Outcome Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 03/02/2022 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report