Crisis mental health assessment - home treatment as an alternative to acute hospital admission. Referrals are screened for appropriateness with a clinician
- People can expect a holistic service user led assessment with a qualified member of staff.
- If assessed as suitable for the home treatment team a care plan will be made with you as a live working document while under our team
- If assessed and not taken on for home treatment we will provide signposting and make a plan of alternative support
- The team consists of Psychiatrists, Social Worker, Nurses, assistant practitioners and peer support workers
- The length of time you can expect to be cared for by the crisis team is on average 2 weeks to stabilize a crisis - the aim is to care for individuals in the least restrictive environment - this can however also mean a referral for admission to either a Crisis House or hospital.
We aim to see people within 24 hours of referral.
We offer home visits but can see people in our office and in the community where you feel comfortable. We work collaboratively with patients, families and carers and any other service or organisations you may be involved with