Peter Bedford Housing Association
Peter Bedford Housing Association (PBHA) is an Industrial and Provident Society with charitable status which has been successfully inspiring brighter futures for socially excluded adults since 1969. Our tenants and participants include people who have faced social exclusion through homelessness, poor mental health, learning disabilities, offending, drug and alcohol misuse and multiple needs.
We provide supported housing alongside a wide range of innovative Vocational and Community Services (VCS). These provide a progression pathway from recovery through to the acquisition of new skills, training and employment and a menu of opportunities which can be tailored to individual need.
VCS is available not only to our tenants but benefits many other residents from the local community. The programme includes information advice and guidance; training courses and workshops, work placements in our catering and retail enterprises and activities to support recovery, expand social networks and improve physical and mental health.
The courses and activities on offer include entry level retail and catering qualifications; customer service; money management, basic online skills, literacy and numeracy, personal development; a walking group and Plot to Plate (growing and cooking healthy and sustainable food).
Furniture and other products made by participants through our Creative Industries (textiles, art studio, print making, joinery) are sold in our shop and community hub Outpost whichputs on regular exhibitions.
• Employment support (help with CVs, interview skills; information, advice and guidance; work placements in our enterprises)
• Customer Service and many other courses
• Retail qualifications at Outpost our shop, exhibition space and community hub
• Catering qualifications in our cafes
• Creative Industries (e.g. textiles; art and design; joinery)
• Health and wellbeing (e.g. growing and cooking healthy and sustainable food; walking group; coaching, mentoring and confidence building courses)
• Volunteer opportunities
Our Time to Change funded project, Change Together, is currently recruiting and training volunteers with lived experience of mental health problems to hold conversations with members of the public to help end the discrimination faced by people with mental health problems.
Please visit our website to find out more about our services and for more information about referrals to supported housing.
Who to contact
- 020 7226 6074 020 7226 6074
- Scan to visit this website
- N5 1DE