IMECE Women's Centre
IMECE Women’s Centre is a women-only organisation that aims to empower Turkish, Kurdish and Cypriot Turkish women as well as BAMER (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee) women by providing culturally sensitive specialist services. In particular, IMECE specialises in providing support for women experiencing harmful practices such as forced marriage, 'honour' based violence etc.
IMECE also provides advice and information services to Turkish, Kurdish and Cypriot Turkish women in Turkish as well as providing specialist advice and crisis intervention of all forms of violence against women and girls including harmful practices.
IMECE’s services include:
- Advice and Information
- Violence Against Women and Girls
- Mental Health (including counselling)
- Group Activities
IMECE leads on The Samira Project - an Islington Council funded project and partnership with Latin American Women's Aid (LAWA) and Kurdish and Middle Eastern Women's Organisation (KMEWO). The Samira Project is a BAMER ending violence against women and girls (VAWG) project which provides crisis intervention, case working, advice, information and support to women who are experiencing any form of VAWG. The Samira Project also undertakes outreach as well as building the capacity of smaller community organisations to provide more effective responses to VAWG.
My Independent Future Project - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applying for jobs. How to complete job application forms,
- Preparing for an interview, interview techniques.
- Introduction to welfare benefits.
Who to contact
- 020 7354 1359 020 7354 1359
- Imece Women's Centre
- Scan to visit this website
2, Newington Green Road
- N1 4RX
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm; Samira Project operates from Imece Monday to Wednesday.
- Age Ranges
- Cost Details
- Free of charge
- Who is this service for?
- Turkish, Kurdish and Turkish Cypriot women and women from BAMER groups.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
- Can I refer myself?: Yes
- Can I make a referral?: Yes, email VAWGreferral@imece.org.uk or call 020 7354 1359
- Additional Languages
- Speaking at least Turkish, Kurdish is highly desirable