Alone In London
Alone in London is a key service providing advice and support to 16 to 25 year olds who are at risk of homelessness. The service has been supporting young people since 1972 - and became part of Depaul UK in September 2016.
Alone in London provides a range of services to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and last year engaged with more than 2,000 people. Our work includes advice, family mediation, first contact and schools work - complementing the work of Nightstop and other Depaul UK projects.
Alone in London works to prevent homelessness among people aged 16 to 25, through a range of services. We empower young people by developing the skills and resources they need to secure sustainable and safe accommodation and to fulfil their potential. We will also support families and other agencies to achieve this same goal.
Alone In London can provide you with one-to-one sessions with one of our advisors, who will find out about your circumstances and talk you through your options. We can also support you while you take the first steps to secure stable accommodation.
We do this by:
- Providing information about hostels and other types of suitable housing
- Referring to hostels and shared accommodation
- Helping complete forms
- Helping with claiming benefit entitlements
- Speaking to other agencies on behalf of young people
- Introducing young people to our other services, such as training and employment and family mediation
- Signposting people to a range of external support services, depending on their circumstances
Alone in London provides mediation services for young homeless people. Our Family Mediation service works to support young people and their families through periods of difficulty. Find out more here.
This project is aimed at young people aged between 11 and 18 years old. We can help you look at conflict issues you might have that are affecting your home and/or school life. Get in touch to find out more.
Training and Employment
The Alone in London Training and Employment Service provides information, advice and guidance to young people aged between 16 and 25. We can help you access education, employment and training. Get in touch to find out more.
Who to contact
- 020 7278 4224 020 7278 4224
- Alone In London
- Scan to visit this website
- Endeavour Centre
34, Decima Street
- SE1 4QQ
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- If you want to visit, please call us on 020 7278 4224 to make an appointment. You will be offered an initial assessment/ advice session with one of our advice team and offered a confidential space to discuss your needs.
- Cost Details
- Free of charge to young people and their families.
- Who is this service for?
- Young people between the ages of 16 and 25 years and their families/ guardians.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Self or agency referral. Call in, telephone or email for service information. For housing advice (16-25 year olds) please arrive any weekday morning (9am-9.30am) for a first assessment with one of our advisers. For all other services please contact for an appointment. All services are also accessible through the morning drop-in assessment and advice service.
- Additional Languages
- Access to interpreters is by arrangement. Please call in or telephone for details