Islington Libraries, Services for Children and Young People
Islington has 10 libraries. Our aim is to encourage children and young people to enjoy reading and to support their learning through activities and events:
- Baby Bounce rhyme times (0-18 months) at every library
- Under 5s story times (1-4 years) at every library
- Toy libraries at Mildmay, North and West Libraries
- Annual Summer Reading Challenge for children aged 4-11
- Volunteering opportunities for 13-19 as Summer Reading Challenge Champions, helping children with their reading
- Computers for use in the library for homework, assignments, etc.
Every library has at least one event during the three half-term holidays and at Easter and Christmas, and a programme of events during the summer holidays, including the Summer Reading Challenge. See downloads attached to this page for more information. All of our events are free and don't need to be booked in advance (except for some provided by external providers). Children and under 8 must be accompanied by an adult
If you are a childminder, foster carer, or carer of a child with disabilities, you can obtain an additional library ticket which enables you to borrow extra items.
Opening times for each of the 10 libraries vary. Go to the Libraries web page to see individual library details.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Michelle Gannon
- Contact Position
- Head of Islington Library and Heritage Services
- 020 7527 6001 020 7527 6001
- Islington Libraries
- Scan to visit this website
- Central Library
2 Fieldway Crescent
- N5 1PF
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Opening times for each of the 10 libraries vary. Go to the Libraries webpage see individual library details.
- Cost Details
- Who is this service for?
- Children and young people up to 16 years, parents, carers, teachers.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Additional Languages
- The Council provides interpreters on request. We provide books and other media in languages other than English.