Adoption and In-Care Records
London Metropolitan Archives (LMA) holds surviving adoption and in-care files from the London and Middlesex County Councils, covering the period 1926 to 1965. We provide access, information and counselling services.
Who to contact
- 020 7332 3820 020 7332 3820
- City of London, London Metropolitan Archives
- Scan to visit this website
40, Northampton Road
- EC1R 0HB
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- See website for more information
- Cost Details
- Not in most instances although a charge may be made for provision of copies where appropriate.
- Who is this service for?
- The service is open to all, although access to individual care files is restricted.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
By signed letter addressed to 'Enquires Section' giving the full birth name and date of birth.
- Additional Languages
- Languages are available on request.