Bright Start family support - part of Islington's Early Help services - provides outreach, individual assistance and signposting services for families with under fives in local neighbourhoods. Working in local children’s centre, family support workers act as a bridge and resource for families who need help with accessing services. They also introduce families to their local children’s centre activities.
Bright Start Family Support Service
Who to contact
- 020 7527 5959 - To find the relevant Bright Start area, phone the Family Information Service or see www.islington.gov.uk/brightstart
- N1 1XR
Time / date Details
- Opening times/date
- Within Children's Centre opening hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. Some centres open on Saturday mornings. See Bright Start Timetables for Family Support Surgery sessions.
- Age Ranges
- Parents-to-be and parents and carers of children under 5 years
- Cost Details
- Free of charge
- Who is this service for?
- The service is for all parents-to-be and parents and carers of children under 5 years. Families can come to children’s centres and other Bright Start venues to have an enjoyable time, meet other parents and carers or access many of the services available. These include a rang of health services, housing and finance advise, help with employment and family learning.
- Can I refer myself?
- How to refer or apply
For more information or to self-refer, please drop in to a Family Support surgery at your nearest Children's Centre. Alternatively, you can contact the Family Information Service who can pass on your details to a member of the family support team: 020 7527 5959; firstname.lastname@example.org
Practitioners wanting to refer will need to compleate an Islington Children's Services Contact Team (CSCT) request for service form; apply online or download the form in 'Downloads'.
- Additional Languages
- Bengali/Sylheti, Somali, Turkish