The School of Professional Development and Education (School of PDE) Day Centre, is about providing a day centre that is inclusive of everyone’s needs; and helping people develop in line with these needs on a daily basis.
We will be providing a Day Centre that will be running a Personal Development Education Programme for Adults with Disabilities and Learning Difficulties.
Our new centre aims to enhance development of everyone who attends and build a positive and cohesive ethos, that is interactive and inclusive of all.
Our aim is to provide a Centre and programme that is all inclusive of individual needs; with a programme that is dynamic and engaging that will assist individuals with disabilities focusing on English, Math, ICT, Arts and other creative subject areas and work office basic skills.
Our Centre, through the Personal Development Education Programme (for Adults with Disabilities and Learning Difficulties) will provide the following:
- A 12 session theme basedprogramme running every Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and Sunday for Adults with specific learning needs and disabilities;
- Every 12 weeks the theme of the programme at our centre will change to a new theme.Our starting theme for the first 12 weeks will be ‘Nature’. This theme will run through our English, ICT, Maths and Art sessions.
- Development in learning basic and core English and Math skills along with Arts based projects and techniques that are dynamic; making the individual engagement and enjoyment of the programme;
- The implementation of systems that enables individuals, guardians and parents to see development and engagement in the Centre and the programmes;
- enabling those attending our centre opportunities to showcase their creations throughout our programmes that will run all year round;
- Staff that have a vast amount of experience working in the Care and the education sector; and those specialising within Special educational needs within schools, colleges and other educational facilities; along with advanced teaching practitioners; who will provide a genuinely caring and educationally nurturing environment;
- Facilitation provided by people who are either care workers, advanced teaching practitioners, teachers, trainee teachers and trained and experienced care facilitators; and
- A positive and inclusive environment that focuses on giving everyone an opportunity to participate according to their needs and catering for these needs to not disadvantage these individuals;
- Community engagement, by providing access to opportunities for learning not just at the primary location of the programme, but going out into the community and attending days out that provide access to those who take part in our programmes;
- Sensory, visual, auditory and kinaesthetic Art, photography, ICT, music, sports, English and Math programmes, along with basic office skills; and
- A programme that is designed by teachers and care givers who put the individual at the core, in an inclusive and dynamic manner. This makes us unique in our approach, whereby many centres are solely birthed by care givers alone.