Articles (418)

  1. I'm worried my child has SEN

    It is important to identify children who do have special educational needs (SEN) as early as possible. This ensures they get the help they need to learn and develop to the best of their ability. If your child has SEN, they may need extra help…
  2. Impartiality

    The the diagram guide for those employed by the Council, schools and other partners who are not specifically appointed in an advocacy role.
  3. Independent advice and support

    Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Services (SENDIASS) provide advice and information to children with SEN or disabilities, their parents, and young people with SEN or disabilities. They provide neutral and factual support on the special educational needs system to help the…
  4. Information and Support for People with Learning Disabilities

    Islington Learning Disabilities Partnership (ILDP) Islington Learning Disabilities Partnership (ILDP) is a health and social care team working with people who have learning disabilities. Learning disability Learning disabilities’ describes the challenge that some people have in learning, understanding, and with everyday life skills such as managing…
  5. Information for families, Islington FIS

    Free, impartial information and advice for families with children and young people aged 0-25 and the practitioners who work with them.  Phone: 020 7527 5959 (answer phone outside 9am to 4pm)Email: us on Facebook  
  6. Information Sharing and Confidentiality

    Practitioners recognise the importance of information sharing, but in some situations may feel constrained by uncertainty about when they can do so lawfully. This is especially so in early intervention and preventative work, where information sharing decisions may be less clear than in safeguarding or…
View all related service listings